county advisory referendums


Marathon County Board approves medical cannabis referendum 19 - 15

July 25, 2018 - The Marathon County Board approved a medical cannabis advisory referendum Tuesday, July 24 by a vote of 19-15 with 4 members abstaining. Supporters in the audience cheered when the vote total was announced. The county becomes the 7th Wisconsin county to approve a cannabis advisory referendum after Milwaukee, Rock, Sauk, Dane, La Crosse and Brown previously did so. Marathon's referendum question will...


Marathon County Board to vote July 24 on medical cannabis advisory referendum

July 23, 2018 - This week will see a vote in Marathon County by the full county board on the county's proposed cannabis advisory referendum. The board will meet to vote on the referendum Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 7pm in room B150 at 500 Forest St. in Wausau. On July 19 the board held an educational meeting on medical cannabis with nine speakers. Supporters are strongly urged to attend the July 24 meeting to help...


Sauk is 4th Wisconsin county to approve Nov. 6 cannabis advisory referendum

July 17, 2018 - THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORY AND WILL BE UPDATED Updated 07/18/2018 at 8:12:09 AM Winnebago County. Updated 07/18/2018 at 1:56:19 PM to include update on Kenosha County July 17 committee vote. Updated 07/18/2018 at 2:28:27 PM to include the question approved for the ballot by the Sauk County Board July 17. In Sauk County the full board approved placing the advisory referendum on the Nov. 6 ballot at...


Wisconsin cannabis possession arrests surged 5% from 2016 to 2017

July 3, 2018 - New data from 2017 from the Wisconsin Department of Justice (DOJ) reveals that arrests for possession of marijuana in Wisconsin increased from 16,245 to 17,022 from 2016 to 2017, an increase of 5%. From 2015 to 2016, pot arrests had gone up almost 9%, from 14,930 to 16,245. Together those increases represent a 14% increase in state pot arrests from 2015 to 2017. Arrests for sales of cannabis also...


Cannabis legalization advisory referendum update: Rock County approves, other counties moving forward

June 29, 2018 - On Thursday, June 28, the Rock County Board voted 14-12 to place a cannabis legalization advisory referendum on Nov. 6 Rock County general election ballots. The Rock County question will read: "Should cannabis be legalized for adult use, taxed and regulated like alcohol, with the proceeds from the taxes used for education, healthcare and infrastructure?" On Monday, June 18, 2018, the St. Croix...